Selecting and grouping the right plants can:
- Balance lighting and shade.
- Soften edges or highlight the space.
- Expand living spaces into the outdoors physically or visually.
- Create transitions between indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Build visual layers in the space: tall, medium, accents and ground-covers.
- Divide the space into different levels
- Frame interesting sight lines
It's clear how smart planting decisions can pack a punch in outdoor space design in so many ways. But, combining the plantings and other elements also requires thoughtful editing so that the space functions and appeals in every season - as well as in the future when plantings are fully matured. Interested in knowing more about what can work for your lifestyle, outdoor conditions, and vision? Give us a call to discuss your persona outdoor space.
Just want to check out planting choices in action? Browse all of our OUTDOOR SPACES photo galleries - here is a link to showcase of several new and mature seasonally beautiful planting designs - imagine what is possible in your outdoor space!